Tropical Crop Consultants Ltd was set up by Thomas Fairhurst in 2008 to provide consultancy services in tropical crop agronomy and management. The overall focus of the consultancy service is to assist clients with ecological and sustainable crop intensification in lowland, upland and plantation agriculture systems.
Our core areas of expertise are:
- Management and agronomy of plantation crops (particularly oil palm, coffee and rubber).
- Intensification of lowland agriculture systems (through efficient nutrient use in rice).
- Productivity improvement in upland agriculture (particularly increasing productivity through soil fertility re-capitalization in upland farming systems).
- Computer software development for data management in agriculture (particularly development and deployment of database and geographic information systems).
- Preparation of educational agricultural extension material for extension workers, managers, agricultural scientists, and farmers.
- Trouble shooting in plantations, agriculture projects and farming systems.
- Click here for latest information on activities